May 2014

by

At the end of last month I promised Will we'd go to the blue mountains and I'd buy him an ice cream. When we decided to make our spontaneous Katoomba trip earlier this month, we had no idea it was during the coldest day of the year. Before we left I checked the weather on my phone and we both scoffed at the 4 degrees it was showing and thought it was just a mistake and Will decided to stick to his decision to wear shorts. The trip down was fairly quick and very scenic (once we passed the west). As soon as we stepped off the train it became clear the 4 degrees my phone was showing probably wasn't a mistake. It. Was. Cold. It was a really really lovely day though. Shivering, huddling, runny noses and beautiful landscapes. Funnily enough, none of the shots of the landscapes are any good (curse of the expired film strikes again) but there are several photos (of will) that I really really love. Can't wait to go again, and this time actually buy this guy an ice cream.

Shots taken with a Canon AE-1 with expired ISO 400 film.